History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts, 1879.
The Old Albion Mill.
The history of this enterprise would not be complete without a mention of what is known as the "Old Albion." The Albion Company was formed in 1869, and purchased the mill formerly belonging to the Hampden Company, and began the manufacture of collar paper. Continued on this grade until 1874, when they began making super-calender paper. In 1877 it was sold to D.H. & J.C. Newton, who erected the present mills of the Albion Company. The present officers of the company are Calvin Taft, President; Edward C. Taft, Treasurer; and A.H. Page, Clerk.
© Laurel O'Donnell 1997 - 2012, all rights reserved
This is an adaptation of the original publication
This document may be downloaded for personal non-commercial use only
and cannot be reproduced or distributed without permission.